Luxury is defined as a state of elegance and richness. Luxury trains not only offer a grandeur ride but also helps in connecting to the country’s heritage and history. India is considered as a place rich in culture and heritage and many tourists from all around the world visit India to see ancient and exquisite architectures, hill stations and beautiful gardens. The concept of luxury train is that many of such places can be visited in one tour.
In India there are many options available for luxury trains. Here tourists can opt for any of the luxury train depending upon the destinations they wish to visit. The luxury trains include Palace on Wheels, Deccan Odyssey, Maharaja Express, Fairy queen, Royal Rajasthan on Wheels and The Golden Chariot. Each luxury train has its own uniqueness and specialty. Let us look at the specialty of some of these trains and see what they provide to the tourists.
Palace on wheels is rated as one of the top 10 luxury trains of the world. This train was started as the joint venture between the Indian Railways and the Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation in the year 1982. Even today the passengers can experience a traditional touch along with the latest amenities like Wi-Fi.
The journey of the Palace of Wheels starts at New Delhi that is the Capital city, where there is a day tour and the sightseeing includes India Gate, Humayun’s Tomb, Lotus temple and the Qutb minar. The next stop on the day two is at Jaipur, which is the pink city of India. On the third day of the tour passengers are taken to Sawai Madhopur & Chittorgarh, where they visit Ranthambore National Park. On the fourth day, the palace on wheels arrives at the “Lake City”, that is Udaipur. On the fifth day of the tour, the passengers are taken to Jodhpur and the last day of the tour, the palace of wheels arrives at Bharatpur and then at Agra to visit the famous Taj Mahal.
The Palace on wheels provides accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner along with some more services in specific cities. Also, the Palace on wheels provides the best service they can so that the passengers can have a lifetime experience.
2. MAHARAJAS‘ EXPRESS:
Maharajas’ Express has been given an award of the World’s Leading Luxury Train for the five consecutive years by the World Travel Awards. This train is owened and managed by Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC). The maharajas’ express offers 5 itineraries that are designed so as to provide the passengers a mixture of the country’s splendor and heritage. The five itineraries include,
- Treasures Of India Journey of Maharajas Express Train, that is of 3 nights and starts from New Delhi, then Agra, Ranthambhore and finally ends in Jaipur.
- Gems of India Journey is also of three nights and the train departs from New Delhi and the first stop is at Agra, then Ranthambhore, then Jaipur and then finally returns to New Delhi.
- Heritage of India Journey is a seven night journey and the destinations covered are, Mumbai Depart and then reaching the Ajanta Buddhist Caves. After that the passengers visit the lake city of Udaipur followed by Fort Town of Jodhpur, the Desert Outpost of Bikaner, Jaipur, Ranthambore Tiger Reserve and Fatehpur Sikri. On the last day of the journey, the train journeys to the one of the architectural wonders of the world, that is the Taj Mahal. Finally the train arrives at New Delhi.
- The Indian Splendour Journey is also a seven night journey that have almost similar destinations to the Heritage of India Journey. This train departs from New Delhi and finally arrives Mumbai.
- The Indian Panorama journey includes, Delhi – Jaipur – Ranthambhore – Agra – Gwalior – Orchha – Khajuraho – Varanasi – Lucknow – Delhi and is a 7 night journey.
The Maharajas’ Express includes many facilities that helps in providing a royal treatment to the passengers. Each carriage in this train is named after a gemstone of the Maharaja.
3. THE GOLDEN CHARIOT:
The Golden Chariot journeys though Karnataka and the passengers can experience Karnataka’s rich heritage and the historical monuments. The Golden Chariot is named after the Stone Chariot at Hampi, in the Vitthala Temple. This journey is of eight days and seven nights. This luxury train includes air conditioned cabins with televisions and many other luxuries amenities.
The Golden Chariot travels on two different circuits,
- Pride Of South Circuit covering Kabini, Mysore, Hampi, Badami and Goa which is a 7 night journey.
- Southern Splendour circuit covering Chennai, Pondicherry,Auroville Commune, Madurai Temple Town, Kanyakumari Sunrise Point, Kovallam Beach and Kerala backwaters which is a 7 night journey.
These royal and luxury trains not only provides excellent services to the visitors but also helps them in experiencing India’s culture as it is.